download (5)The Directors of AV Trinity Ltd are pleased to announce that they will be sponsoring the Wadhurst Bowls Club in 2016.

The club was formed in 1934 and has provided playing facilities for bowlers of all levels. Initially the green consisted of four rinks however, with lottery funding two additional rinks were laid during 96/97 and on the 4th June 1997 the six rink green was officially opened by international player Gary Smith. More recently smart walls, seating and slab walkways have enhanced the surround and significant improvements have also been made to the pavilion.

Situated in the Sussex Weald, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the clubhouse and green overlook the Lymm Valley and all that bowl at Wadhurst, visitors and home players alike, enjoy the beautiful scenery.

The club is situated close to where Karen Vidler lived. Karen was formerly the Managing Director of AV Trinity who sadly died in April of this year. It was Karen’s wish that the Company that she founded should be associated with Wadhurst Bowls club.

At the end of the season, a ‘Karen Vidler cup’ will be awarded for an outstanding achievement during the 2016 season.